Our Environmental Law practice group offers its clients depth: integral knowledge of how Peruvian environmental laws and regulations and international standards operate. Our practice encompasses the perspective of the environmental risk analyst, and that of the public servant at the Peruvian government’s environmental agencies; and covers all matters from counselling for prevention of pollution and other environmental impacts to environmental damage remediation and litigation.
We advise our clients in the process of assessing the environmental impacts of their products, procurement of environmental permits and social licenses, handling and disposal of sanitary and industrial waste including domestic and international waste transportation, cost-distribution in cleaning processes and reclamations, creation and management of cash flows originated in carbon credits (VCUs) and accreditation of business operations under domestic and international standards and rating systems.
At ESTUDIO | GRANDA, our environmental lawyers advise domestic and international companies in all industries, with a special focus on forestry, mining, energy, infrastructure, oil and gas, financial services and manufacturing.
Our services include:
- Legal implementation of Quality, Environment and Health Integrated Management Systems
- Advisory in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Advisory in Climate Change and Sustainability
- Structuring and procurement of environmental authorizations, permits and other governmental consents
- Advisory in the elaboration, approval and monitoring of environmental compliance instruments (Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, Reclamation Plans, etc.)
- Environmental legal pre-audits and simulations of governmental audits on the field
- Advisory in environmental audits run by the Peruvian government’s different branches
- Advisory in relationships with indigenous communities: structuring and management of social and environmental strategies
- Advisory for management of sustainable projects: renewable energy, clean technologies, reforestation, carbon emission regulation and contaminant emissions reduction
- Financial-environmental advisory: Project structuring and contract design, negotiation and implementation for VCUs ventures
- Advisory in procurement and management of water and controlled substances governmental permits and in processes for disposal of water, solid waste and dangerous substances
- Environmental screening and due diligence solutions
- Representation in punitive administrative proceedings
- Representation in dispute resolution associated with environmental matters, including government litigation