Permitting strategies that allow timely projects
ESTUDIO | GRANDA advises integrally domestic and transnational corporations engaged in generation, transmission and distribution of energy.
Our services comprehend the negotiation of concession agreements with the technical and legal departments at the relevant governmental agencies, up until the stage where our clients engage in power purchase or transmission service agreements with clients. We also participate in the technical, financial and legal design of all types of energy projects, in public and private bidding processes for construction and equipment supply, in the negotiation with indigenous communities, as well as in administrative proceedings necessary to obtain permits, licenses and authorizations from municipalities, regional governments and the central government.
Our lawyers in the Energy Practice Group constantly team up with our Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Finance lawyers, generating dynamics that allow our firm to offer distinctive advice in the acquisition, development, financing, construction, operation, ownership and disposition of energy and infrastructure projects.
We provide advice in, amongst others, the following:
- Biddings to supply electricity from renewable energy sources, long term supply biddings and public biddings for concession rights under the Guaranteed Transmission System.
- Concession planning and granting processes for the development of generation and transmission projects (environmental impact studies approval, granting of temporary and permanent concessions and authorizations, establishment permits and concessions of rights of way).
- Structuring and legal implementation of facilities (loans, notes, bonds, etc.) for project development.Acquisition of businesses, business units and all types of energy assets, as well as in the development of projects through joint ventures and other forms of business combination.
- Structuring, negotiation and closing of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts (EPC) and of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management Contracts (EPCM).
- Structuring, negotiation and closing of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
- Structuring, negotiation and closing of Transmission Service Agreements (TSA).
- Compliance of Environmental and Work Safety regulations.